- Sibling group of 3 from 'L': we have read their paperwork and there are some great common features between them and us, like family names and so on. We have expressed our ongoing interest in them. After a meeting on 12th June, we are now the only couple being linked with them. We have a meeting on 7th July to meet with their social workers. Very exciting!
- We have now had two meetings with our social worker about a sister and brother from 'D'. Their case is so harrowing and complex that we have had to read all their information at our social worker's office, so that there is support available to us. We have discussed the information we have read and we are happy to proceed and offer them all the support they will need for the rest of their lives. We are still awaiting feedback for their social workers to see if they are interested in linking with us.
- We are also awaiting contact from social workers regarding:
- Three from 'N'
- Two from 'Nr'
- Three from 'H'
- Two from 'Le'
- Mary is working part time / casually at her local primary school until the end of term and is looking for a permanent role in September
- The course that Mary is studying will help increase her salary and give her more flexibility and choice in the future.
- Mungo is working full time in a permanent IT role. His company, and indeed the MD, are very supportive of our plans and we feel they will be so when he needs to take time off during introductions and settling in
- The course that Mungo is studying will provide him with more opportunities for roles inside and out of the company and provide a secure furture for him, mary and our long awaited Midges!
Home and garden:
- We have a new cleaner who is coming on 26th June to do her first clean. Any bets on how long she will last?
- Cupboard safety catches for kitchen; to be attached when we are matched and before introductions.
- We will be looking to purchase a nearly new car when we are matched with children. Mungo's car is to stay with us, as we can put car seats in the back of it when we take the children out separately.
- Mary: Childcare, Learning and Development, NVQ Level 3 - Received a B in her 4th assignment, has nearly completed her 5th (of 10)
- Mary: passed her NVQ 2 in Basic Food Hygiene - a requirement of working in an afterschool club environment
- Mungo: T175 (Networked Living) - 4th assignment submitted, score was 82% and his final assignment (ECA - End of Course Assessment) was submitted on the 21st May
- Mungo: M255 (Java Programming) - first assignment submitted, score was 79% and his second assignment is due for submission on 4th June.